Has your cat or dog saved your life from a gas leak? One family in Oregon, I'm sure, are thankful they adopted their cat during the pandemic!
One Oregon family has their feline friend to thank for saving their lives.
Last week, Lake Oswego resident Sandi Martin was spending time in her living room with her cat Lilly when the animal was attracted to a smell and went to go sniff a valve near the room's fireplace, according to a report from NBC-affiliate KGW.
Curious at what Lilly was smelling, Martin leaned down to sniff the same spot as the feline. Martin picked up the smell of natural gas near the area that grabbed her cat's attention.
"I went over and sniffed and there was a natural gas smell," Martin told the outlet. "It was very faint so I didn't really trust my nose."
"Then I asked my husband to sniff it, and he sniffed it too," she added.
Aware of the scent and where it was coming from, Martin's husband then called their gas company, which instructed them to shut off everything in the room and open the doors.
We have three cats at home as well and one of them, Hammy, is really sensitive to smells. Do you have pet who is super sensitive to smells as well?