It's the most wonderful time of the year. And by wonderful, I mean "expensive." It's the most expensive time of the year.
A new survey asked people what they're doing this year or what they normally do to scrounge up some extra cash to afford presents, trips, food, and everything else that costs a fortune during the holiday season. And here are the top 10 answers . . .
1. Taking extra shifts at work, 33%.
2. Opening a store credit card, 31%.
3. Taking a second or part-time job, 31%.
4. Starting a side hustle, 29%.
5. Cutting back on electricity and heat, 29%.
6. Opening a new credit card, 29%.
7. Cutting back on going out to eat, 27%.
8. Making a deal with their significant other not to get each other gifts, 27%.
9. Using public transportation, 26%.
10. Skipping a vacation, 25%.
A few things I do:
Use apps like Get Upside when I get gas (use promo code HORN to earn up to 45 cents cash back per gallon on your first fill up!)
I also use Ibotta throughout the year to rack up cash and cash out for Amazon gift cards to get gifts!
I also have a few side hustles as well.
What do you do to make extra cash?
Don't forget we also have 8 chances each week day for you to have a shot at ONE MILLION DOLLARS!