Give your dog an extra treat or two, because it's NATIONAL DOG DAY. My two, well, they get treated special EVERYDAY... so today is just another day for them!
Here are a few quick stats from a recent survey about man's best friend . . .
1. 86% of dog owners tell their dog "I love you" at least once a month.
2. 73% buy their dog at least one gift a month.
3. 68% sometimes let their dog sleep with them in bed.
4. 79% of women and 67% of men think that showing love toward a dog is attractive.
5. 39% of women and 23% of men with dogs would rather hang out at home with them than go on a date.
6. 86% of dog owners say their dog helps comfort them.
7. 65% say owning a dog makes them more loving.
8. 64% look forward to coming home because of their dog.
9. And just under two-thirds say that having a dog teaches them to be more patient.
Here's my 9 year old lab, Cody! (Those eyes... melt my heart every time!)
And here's my 3 year old mix... Harley! She's a wild one, but one of the sweetest 90 pound babies!