Americans don't just own a lot of pets, we are WEIRDLY attached to them.
Here are the results of a new survey in honor of "National Love Your Pet Day," which is today, apparently . . .
1. Dogs are the most popular pet in America. They're followed by cats . . . fish . . . birds . . . and then hamsters and gerbils.
2. 10% of people regularly say "I love you" to their pet.
3. 10% talk to their pet in a special voice.
4. 9% give their pet table scraps.
5. Only 4% admit that they probably post TOO MANY pictures of their pet on social media.
Here are my two fur babies! I definitely tell them I love them more than once a day...