A dog product company called Whistle just released the results of a survey on dog naming trends right now. And here are some of the highlights . . .
1. "Game of Thrones" names are huge, including Arya and Snow. But almost two-thirds of the dogs who get "Game of Thrones" names get them from House Stark's direwolves: Grey Wind, Lady, Nymeria, Summer, Shaggydog, and Ghost.
2. People aren't naming their dogs after coffee anymore . . . except in Seattle. Names like Kona and Mocha are declining in popularity nationwide.
3. GIANT DOGS are most likely to get sports names. More than 20% of the dogs named after sports, athletes, and teams weigh over 90 pounds.
4. Names based on JUNK FOOD are getting more popular, including things like Taffy, Twix, and Milano.
5. And finally, BOOZE NAMES are hot, including things like Brandy, Guinness, and Whiskey.